Volunteering opportunity - Community Canvassing Volunteer
Monday, June 26, 2017
Community Canvassing Volunteer
As a Community Canvassing Volunteer you will target households within a designated area of the Newton Farm Ward to conduct a doorstep survey on behalf of the Newton Farm Community Association with residents.
As part of the role, you could be expected to:
- Provide excellent customer service when representing NFCA.
- Advise and assist residents in the completion of the NFCA survey on the doorstep where possible
- Provide clear and accurate information to residents about the purpose of the survey and the process involved
- Advise residents how they can take part in the survey if they do not wish to complete on the doorstep
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times and that all data security and data protection obligations, whether legislative or otherwise are observed.
- Promote the service and NFCA positively at all times.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work well on your own initiative and be self-motivated
- Lone work
- Communicate clearly and professionally at all times in a friendly manner
- Numeracy and literacy skills (level 2 in English and Maths is desirable)
- Have confidence in speaking to individuals and excellent customer service
- Have an awareness and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Effectively prioritise all tasks given.
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for working with communities
- Be reliable and trustworthy
Other information about the role:
The role is in Hereford, based at the Newton Farm Community Association
Your main point of contact is Ed (Karen in Ed’s absence)
NFCA will offer training for tasks that are a requirement of the role